Dwarf Baby Tears Potted PlantRegular price $6.99
One cannot skip the Dwarf Baby Tears (scientific name: Hemianthus Callitrichoides) when speaking of popular foreground plants appropriate to freshwater aquariums. The plant, with its short yet plentiful bright and vibrant green leaf clusters, will bring a soft bed aquascape to your tank or a floating mat if you let them stay afloat on the surface of water.
Unlike regular Baby Tears, this species is a little bit demanding in terms of living conditions. For optimal growth, Dwarf Baby Tears requires high lighting and nutrient rich water/ base. Although CO2 additives are not necessary, they are beneficial and contribute to the steady growth of this species.
Such excellent covering also makes Dwarf Baby Tears an ideal location for spawning fish to hide their eggs and active bottom dwellers to forage for food.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Popular foreground plant to freshwater aquariums
- Provide protective cover for fry
- Can be planted into substrate or stay afloat on the water surface
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 82° F (20° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- KH: 0-10 dKH
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary but encouraged, nutrient-rich water/base
- Lighting: High
- Origin: Cuba
- Potential height: 5-6 inches (12-15 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Foreground
- Growth rate: Medium to fast