Fritz Bactershield 4 oz.Regular price $12.74
natural fish medication, fish bacterial infection, dropsy, flukes, fish fungal infection, reef safe ich treatment, best reef safe ich treatment, reef safe ich cure, best reef safe ich medication, marine ich treatment reef safe, ich treatment safe for reef tank, reef safe ich medication, reef safe ich medicine, coral safe ich treatment, reef safe treatment for ich, saltwater ich treatment reef safe, best saltwater ich treatment, how to treat saltwater ich, how to treat ich reef tank, how to cure ich in reef tank, how to treat ick in reef tank, reef safe treatment for bacterial infection, how to treat bacteria infection, how to treat fish bacterial infection, how to treat bacterial infection in aquarium, slime coat disease, slime coat products, slime coat coming off fish, slime coat betta fish, slime coat fish, slime coat syndrome, slime coat on goldfish, slime coat additive, slime coat aquarium, slime coat axolotl, slime coat angelfish, slime coat treatment aquarium
Bio-adhesive supplement repairs and strengthens the fishs natural slime coat which protects against bacterial and fungal infections Bactershield® is a revolutionary new way to help maintain fish optimum health. Proven, natural oils and extracts are combined with a patented film forming matrix to help repair and strengthen a fishs natural slime coat and help provide a protective shield around your fish. A fishs slime coat acts as the first line of defense for fish against bacterial and fungal infections. Active Ingredients: Chitosan, Cinnamon Oil, D-Limonene, Geranium Oil, Pine Oil, Rosemary Oil
Directions & Dosage
Shake well before dosing. Add 4 drops per gallon or 5 ml (1 tsp) per 25 gallons of water to be treated.
For reef tanks and aquariums with invertebrates the dosage should be adjusted to two daily half treatments of two drops per gallon or 5 ml (1 tsp) per 50 gallons 12 hours apart. Treat every other day for a total of 6 treatments (2 treatments per day).
Day 1: Add 4 drops per gallon
Day 2: No medication or water changes needed
Day 3: Add 4 drops per gallon
Day 4: No medication or water changes needed
Day 5: Add 4 drops per gallon
Day 6: Perform a 25% water change if desired. Repeat this five-day treatment if symptoms improve, but have not completely disappeared. If no improvement has occurred, try our Maracyn® and/or Maracyn® Two treatments.
- For best results, increase water temperature above 80 degrees F
- Remove carbon during treatment, maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Bactershield® may cause excessive foam production in protein skimmers or tanks with airstones. Stop use of skimmer during treatment if excessive foaming is a concern.
- UV Sterilizer can be used during treatment
- Always complete a full course of treatment, even if symptoms improve or disappear before the fifth dose
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with invertebrates, see special note below
- Safe for use with plants
- Do not perform water changes during the course of treatment. Bactershield® may inhibit nitrifying bacteria. If ammonia or nitrite is a concern, detoxify during treatment with Fritz A.C.C.R. or Fritz Complete
- Overdosed? Perform a large water change if distress is observed
Special note on Bactershield®: During use some sessile invertebrates will retract for the first several hours. This condition will be temporary and may last for up to 24 hours. Tested on Stone Polyp, Brain Favites, Mushroom (Rhodactis), Ricordea sp., Favia Fragum, Plate Coral sp., Tubastraea sp., Knobby Leather sp., Acropora sp., Finger Coral (Porites) coral species. All corals and polyps may not react the same way as the test species.
Note: FOR AQUARIUM USE ONLY. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease causing organisms and treatment options.