Dwarf Sagittaria Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Dwarf Sagittaria (scientific name: Sagittaria subulata) is a grass-like plant with stiff, short bright green leaves that are narrowly linear, arrow-shaped to ovate in form. The entire plant is from 4 to even 20 inches (10 to 51 cm) tall, grows both partially and fully submersed. It also has tiny white flowers on its thin, light green stalks.
Dwarf Sagittaria can adapt to a wide range of conditions and can thrive with little to no CO2. It is recommended to provide this plant with nutrient-rich substrate or aquarium fertilizer since it is poor at absorbing nutrients from the water column. Although Dwarf Sagittaria is easy to care for, it is prone to iron deficiency, which is easily detected from the yellow or discolored leaves. Hence, you should regularly check the iron levels to promptly supplement.
Due to its texture, Dwarf Sagittaria is not suitable for those tanks keeping ‘destructive’ fish such as crayfish, large cichlids, or goldfish.
Dwarf Sagittaria is a fast-growing plant that propagates by sending runners around which then forms dense clusters. Subject to its height, the plant can be placed in the foreground to even the background.
On another note, some reporters said its leaves can turn red if kept under high lighting and nutrient rich conditions.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Very easy to propagate
- Tall grass-like plant, ideal for larger aquariums
- Adapt to a wide range of conditions
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68 – 82 °F (20 – 28 °C)
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- GH: 2-15 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary
- Lighting: Moderate
- Potential height: 4 to even 20 inches (10 to 51 cm)
- Origin: America
- Aquarium placement: Foreground and sometimes can be placed in the background
- Growth rate: Fast