- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Fritz FixIck is a revolutionary new way to treat aquatic external parasites including Ick, Chilodonella, Trichodina and Tetrahymena. As one of the most common diseases most aquarists will encounter, finding an Ick treatment that is simple, safe, and highly effective can be difficult. Fritz FixIck does not contain formaldehyde, a common active in many ick treatments. Formaldehyde will cause damage to gills and internal organs, which can result in additional stress and fish loss. One of the active ingredients in Fritz FixIck is Gentian Violet, which gives it a recognizable purple hue. This compound is much gentler than malachite green based treatments. Also improving on previous treatments, Fritz FixIck has been shown to be effective at killing Ick parasites with a simple 2-dose system, with no reinfection after one week. Due to Fritz FixIcks additional antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, secondary infections were also prevented with no additional medications, resulting in even higher recovery rates.
Fast Relief with Short Treatment Time
Less Tissue Damage Compared to Harsher Treatments
Also Treats Chilodonella, Trichodina and Tetrahymena Infections
Safe for Fresh and Saltwater Systems
Directions & Dosage
Before Dosing: Adjust temperature to 82 - 85°F. This accelerates the life cycle of the parasites and ensures maximum exposure to the treatment.
Treatment Schedule: Shake well before each dose.
Day 1: Add 5 ml (1 tsp) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L)
Day 2: Add 5 ml (1 tsp) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L)
Day 3: Perform a 25 to 30% water change
Day 4: Add 5 ml (1 tsp) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L)
Day 5: Add 5 ml (1 tsp) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L)
Day 6: Perform a 25 to 30% water change.
If necessary, you may perform a second six-day course of treatment. If no further symptoms are observed, replace chemical filtration and resume use of protein skimmers as well as normal feeding. Adjust temperature back to normal.
- For best results, use FixIck in a quarantine tank
- Shake well before use
- Remove activated carbon and ion-exchange resins during treatment. Discontinue use of skimmer or UV sterilizer during treatment
- Do not perform water changes during treatment if possible. If water changes are necessary, treat replacement water with FixIck.
- Can be used full strength with scaleless fish
- If fish are eating, feed lightly during treatment.
- May cause staining of silicone or some ornaments, use with caution and remove if possible while medication is in the water
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- NOT SAFE FOR USE WITH INVERTEBRATES including: corals, snails, shrimp, clams, other crustaceans or molluscs; remove these types of livestock before dosing
- Easy measuring: the 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
Is FixIck reef safe?
No, we do not recommend using this in a system with invertebrates or coral.
FixIck Best Practices
For best results, use FixIck in a quarantine tank
Shake well before use
Remove activated carbon and ion-exchange resins during treatment. Discontinue use of skimmer or UV sterilizer during treatment
Can be used full strength with scaleless fish
May cause staining of some ornaments, remove while medication is in the water
No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
NOT SAFE for use with invertebrates, corals, snails, shrimp, clams, other crustaceans or molluscs; remove these types of livestock before dosing
Easy measuring: the 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
fritz fix ick, fix ich, ich treatment, velvet disease, what causes velvet disease in fish, what is velvet disease in fish, foralin, formaldehyde free ick treatment, safe ick treatment, how to fix ick in fish tank, formalin solution, formalin for fish, ick treatment for betta, ick treatment for goldfish, ick treatment for saltwater fish, ick treatment safe for shrimp, ick treatment safe for snails, ick treatment for fish, ick treatment and shrimp, ick treatment and snails, ich treatment aquarium salt, ick and treatment, ick treatment freshwater aquarium, ick treatment betta, ick treatment for betta fish, best ick treatment, best ick treatment for freshwater fish, best ick treatment for saltwater fish, black ick treatment, does ick treatment kill beneficial bacteria, best ick treatment for reef tank, ick treatment copper, ick treatment for cichlids, can ick treatment kill fish, cheap ick treatment, what is the best ick treatment, best ick cure, ick treatment didn't work, ich disease treatment, diy ick treatment, does ick treatment kill plants, does ick treatment work, does ick treatment kill snails, ick treatment for pond fish, ick treatment for freshwater fish, ick treatment for scaleless fish, ick treatment for reef tank, ick treatment guppy, ick treatment goldfish, garlic ick treatment, get ick treatment, how to treat ick on guppies, homemade ick treatment for fish, how to treat ich with heat, cure ich with heat, ick treatment in reef tank, ick treatment ingredients, ich treatment in planted tank, how to treat ick in reef tank, how to cure ick in reef tank, how to treat ich reef tank, what is the best treatment for ick, ick treatment koi, ick treatment kill plants, will ick treatment kill snails, will ick treatment kill fish, will ick treatment kill plants, ick treatment loach, does ick treatment kill live plants, best ich treatment for loaches, how to treat ich on clown loach, ick treatment for marine fish, how to treat fish for ick, how to treat marine ich, how to cure marine ich, ich treatment not working, ich treatment near me, ick natural treatment, ich treatment didn't work, can't get rid of ich, how long does it take for ich treatment to work, ick treatment for oscars, treatment or ick, ick parasite treatment, ick powder treatment
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule