Vallisneria spiralis Aquatic Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
A dense stand but also able to float on the water surface, you surely look for Italian Vallisneriascientific name: Vallisneria Spiralis).
Italian Val is the classic among the very classic Val’s. It possesses the transparent light to medium green blades which, once matured, will reach the maximum length of 23 inches or more. The interesting part of this plant and also the appeal to many aquarists lies in the way it grows: straight upward with the leaves spirally twisted. Indeed, in optimal conditions, Italian Val is able to grow thick and dense in the background or at the sidewalls of aquariums exhibiting a mere mini jungle underwater. Despite the wonderful height, its size is often limited by the height of the water level. This happens mainly because of its leaf texture which makes those surpassing the water surface stay afloat yet more delicate and easily break off.
Italian Val is hardiest and can tolerate a wide range of water parameters. It thrives under moderate lighting conditions with little to no CO2. Warm water and neutral to slightly alkaline pH level are ideal for this plant to grow happily. Italian Val does appreciate fertilizers supplementation. Since it can absorb nutrients through roots and water columns, you can either add it via root tabs and liquid fertilizer.
As a grass-like species, it can be planted by burying its roots into the substrate while letting its base uncover. If you plant more than one individual plant, notice to allow them a little space in between so they can grow and multiply. Your Italian Val is a fast-growing species. With one well-established in your tank, it will spread over the area in a short time.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Undemanding and recommended for beginners
- Provide a lot shelters and hiding places for your fish and shrimp
- Create a mini jungle view for your aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 86°F (20° - 27°C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.5
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary but recommended; nutrient-rich environment
- Lighting: Moderate
- Origin: Central and South America
- Potential height: 23 inches or more (58 cm or more)
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Italian Val here.