Java Fern Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
A classic of all the classic plants shows the appeal for every aquarium ‘gardener’ not only because of its beauty but because of its low-maintenance as well. Java Fern (scientific name: Microsorum pteropus) is a popular species to the extent that hardly any aquarist does not know it. Native to Asia, Java Fern is a rhizome plant with unique leaf structure which tends to be pointed toward the top and tough enough to live with a huge variety of fish, even the herbivores.
Java Fern is a less undemanding species. It prefers moderate to high lighting conditions. When exposed to high lights, its leaves will exhibit a darker tone of green. It can also tolerate a wide range of water conditions, from soft acidic to alkaline, and even some reported it goes well in brackish tanks. The plant normally does not need a lot of extra CO2 and substrate fertilizers. Since it mostly absorbs nutrients through its leaves, Java Fern would be much appreciated if you provide them with liquid fertilizers.
Placing Java Fern in aquariums is easier than ever. Either bury them into substrate or attach them to hard surfaces or let them freely float along the water is all accepted. As the plants tend to grow relatively large and have specific wide leaves, it is highly recommended positioning them in the middle to background of the tanks. There, with the average height of 13.5 inches and width of 6-8 inches, they easily form a jungle view for your aquarium.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Classic plant exhibits a variety tones of green
- Able to live with a lot of fishes even the herbivores
- Easy-to-care species
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 82°F (20° - 28°C)
- pH: 6-7
- GH: 3-8 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary but recommended, liquid fertilizer
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Asia
- Potential height: 13.5 inches (34.3 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Slow
See more details about care guide for Java Fern here.