Moneywort Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Moneywort (scientific name: Bacopa monnieri) is a perfect choice for beginners and/or low-tech setups. It is an adaptable, durable, and easy to care for aquarium plant species. Moneywort possesses a bright green coloration with small orbicular-oval leaves sprouting from the stalk. As a stem plant, it grows vertically, and under favorable conditions, can strive to the water surface. Thus, Moneywort is often planted in the midground or background of aquariums.
Since Moneywort is able to grow emersed (sometimes it blooms a beautiful tiny white flower), it can be also used for paludarium purposes.
Placing Moneywort in your aquarium is not hard. You can either plant or float it. The problem with planting Moneywort is sometimes it will uproot and freely float around. To fix it, you can bury its roots into substrates by using an aquarium tweezer or plant weight.
For their optimal growth, Moneywort needs to be provided with sufficient nutrients and light. You can offer this plant either nutrient rich soil or liquid fertilizers as they are both acceptable to it. CO2 supplement is not required but like many other species, encouraged. When it comes to lighting, Moneywort will flourish under high lighting conditions and obviously grow at a slow pace in case of low lighting.
Although Moneywort is extremely hardy, its leaves, on the contrary, are relatively fragile. Hence, you should take a good deal of care for them.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Perfect for beginners
- Prolific species
- Suitable to low-tech setups or paludariums
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 82°F (22° - 28°C)
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- KH: 3 – 8 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is encouraged, nutrient rich soil/ liquid fertilizer
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: US
- Potential height: 4 – 12 inches (10 – 30.5 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Moneywort here.
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule