Dumbo Red Tail Guppy Fish
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
The wonderful Guppies Fish(scientific name: Poecilia reticulata) will “beat out” all other fish due to its variations, each of which presents a stunning appearance, interesting personalities and vivid look for your aquarium.
Guppy Fish are native to northeast South America. Despite the fact, most specimens available in the aquarium market nowadays are mainly captive-bred. The process happened to generate countless Guppies with differences in coloration, pattern, and tail shape. It is not uncommon to find one Guppy in a “dress” of striking tiger-like patterns and another covered with solid red and gold “cloth”. This live-bearing fish is quite easy-going in terms of water conditions (can even live in a brackish environment). It is said that Guppies are able to tolerate beginner mistakes, which makes them a great choice for one who just steps into this hobby.
In wild habitat, Guppy lives in shoal hence, they will appreciate it if you keep them in groups. When doing so, remember to separate the males from females or else a population boom may occur. This is because Guppy females can store sperm for multiple breeding, even after parting from males.
Guppies are peaceful in general. They will be lovely neighbors of your community fish having platies, neon tetras, or zebrafish.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Stunning appearance
- Peaceful disposition
- Easy to care and a great choice for beginners
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 78° F (20° - 26° C)
- pH: 6 – 8, but most preferred range is 7.0 – 7.2
- GH: prefer hard water
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Guppies are omnivores. They can accept a variety of common fish food such as pellets, fish flakes, frozen/dry foods, bloodworms, brine shrimp. Make sure you feed them high-quality food so they can stay healthy and thrive to optimal coloration.
- Social behavior: Shoaling, peaceful
- Origin: Northeast South America, but most are captive-bred nowadays
See more details about care guide for Guppies Fish..