Threaded Fin Dwarf Rainbow Fish
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule
The male Threadfin Rainbowfish (scientific name: Iriatherina Werneri) highlighting itself with the very long elaborate rear fins is surely a welcomed inhabitant to any community, especially planted aquariums.
Threadfin Rainbowfish is a widely-traded species, indigenous to densely planted rivers and streams with slow-moving currents in New Guinea and Australia. They prefer dwelling in mature and less turbulent aquariums with warm temperature and soft and slightly acidic water. The peaceful species often stays in the middle and upper areas of aquariums and is known for jumping occasionally. Although it is quite pleasing to observe, such behavior should be discouraged to avoid them jumping out of the tank. The most common and highly recommended method for solving this issue is using floating plants (such as hornwort and duckweed) to cover the water surface. It kills two birds with one stone as it provides the aesthetic view in addition to resembling Threadfin Rainbowfish’s natural habitat.
Threadfin Rainbowfish is a shoaling species and should be kept in a group of at least 6 specimens. It not only encourages them to be active but also displays the optimal coloration when they swim together. If you want to keep them with your other fishes, Threadfin Rainbowfish will find it alright and be nice to their new friends, so long as they are bottom-dwellers or not aggressive or fin-nipping ones.
When it comes to diet, Threadfin Rainbowfish is not picky at all. They accept most of the commercial fish foods that you can easily find in any fish store. Only one thing you should notice is they are undoubtedly outcompeted for food. Thus, make sure you provide them with sufficient food and see them finish it totally.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Peaceful and hardy disposition
- Interesting long thin fins
- Safe with plants
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 77° - 86°F (25° - 30°C)
- pH: 5.5 – 7.0
- GH: Soft
- Minimum tank size: [●] gallons [To Ng: Ng recommend thêm nha.]
- Diet: Flake food, micropellets, small frozen foods such as daphnia, cyclops, and baby brine shrimp
- Social behavior: Peaceful, shoaling
- Origin: New Guinea, Australia
- Average adult size: 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3-4 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
See more details about care guide for Threadfin Rainbowfish here.