Threaded Fin Dwarf Rainbow Fish
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
The male Threadfin Rainbowfish (scientific name: Iriatherina Werneri) highlighting itself with the very long elaborate rear fins is surely a welcomed inhabitant to any community, especially planted aquariums.
Threadfin Rainbowfish is a widely-traded species, indigenous to densely planted rivers and streams with slow-moving currents in New Guinea and Australia. They prefer dwelling in mature and less turbulent aquariums with warm temperature and soft and slightly acidic water. The peaceful species often stays in the middle and upper areas of aquariums and is known for jumping occasionally. Although it is quite pleasing to observe, such behavior should be discouraged to avoid them jumping out of the tank. The most common and highly recommended method for solving this issue is using floating plants (such as hornwort and duckweed) to cover the water surface. It kills two birds with one stone as it provides the aesthetic view in addition to resembling Threadfin Rainbowfish’s natural habitat.
Threadfin Rainbowfish is a shoaling species and should be kept in a group of at least 6 specimens. It not only encourages them to be active but also displays the optimal coloration when they swim together. If you want to keep them with your other fishes, Threadfin Rainbowfish will find it alright and be nice to their new friends, so long as they are bottom-dwellers or not aggressive or fin-nipping ones.
When it comes to diet, Threadfin Rainbowfish is not picky at all. They accept most of the commercial fish foods that you can easily find in any fish store. Only one thing you should notice is they are undoubtedly outcompeted for food. Thus, make sure you provide them with sufficient food and see them finish it totally.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Peaceful and hardy disposition
- Interesting long thin fins
- Safe with plants
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 77° - 86°F (25° - 30°C)
- pH: 5.5 – 7.0
- GH: Soft
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons or more
- Diet: Flake food, micropellets, small frozen foods such as daphnia, cyclops, and baby brine shrimp
- Social behavior: Peaceful, shoaling
- Origin: New Guinea, Australia
- Average adult size: 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3-4 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
See more details about care guide for Threadfin Rainbowfish here.