Bolbitis Broadleaf Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Bolbitis Broadleaf (scientific name: Bolbitis Heteroclita), commonly known as Bolbitis Heteroclita Difformis, El Nino Fern, or Bolbitis Broad Leaf, features itself with long, broad, nearly pointed leaf shape growing from rhizome.
As it can work well in either emersed or submerged settings, the plant is the favorite of many hobbyists of aquariums, terrariums, vivariums, and paludarium. Not only that, Bolbitis Broadleaf is also known for its low-maintenance and hardiness which make it absolutely a good choice for beginners and seasoned aquascaper alike.
Bolbitis Broadleaf is indeginous to Southeast Asia and appreciates the living conditions of warm water and slightly acidic pH levels. Low to moderate lighting is highly preferred and strong water currents surely help it thrive to the utmost. Bolbitis Broadleaf have a delicate leaf texture hence, it would be better not to house them with any destructive animals like goldfish, large cichlids. Since it can flourish in low-maintenance setups, the plant does not actually need CO2 supplements. However, it may need a nutrient-rich base to thrive.
How to plant: Planting Bolbitis Broadleaf is very easy. You can either bury its roots into substrate or attach to hard surfaces using fishing lines or specialised glue.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Appropriate for low-maintenance setups
- Lively green foliage
- Work well for many types of settings including aquarium, terrarium, vivarium, and paludarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 80°F (20° - 26°C)
- pH: 6.0 -7.5
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is not required but recommended, nutrient-rich base
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Potential height: 5-15 inches (12-38 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Slow
See more details about care guide for Bolbitis Broadleaf here.