Bolbitis Narrowleaf Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Bolbitis Narrowleaf (scientific name: Bolbitis Heudelotti), commonly known as Congo Fern or African Water Fern, features itself with long, flowing, dark green foliage exhibiting an elegant view for your aquarium.
Although the plant is an uncommon species, it is highly in demand for freshwater aquariums. Bolbitis Narrowleaf is indeginous to Southeast Asia and appreciates the living conditions of warm water and slightly acidic to neutral pH levels. Low lighting is highly preferred and strong water currents surely help it thrive to the utmost. Bolbitis Narrowleaf have a delicate leaf texture hence, it would be better not to house them with any destructive animals like goldfish, large cichlids. The species does not actually need CO2 supplements though it will benefit from that. Further, providing them with nutrient-rich bases is another method to boost its growth rate.
How to plant: Planting Bolbitis Narrowleaf is very easy. You can either bury its roots into substrate or attach to hard surfaces using fishing lines or specialised glue.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Dark green foliage
- Relatively rare
- Able to thrive in strong water currents
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 80°F (20° - 26°C)
- pH: 5.5 – 8.0
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is not required but recommended, nutrient-rich base
- Lighting: Low
- Origin: Africa
- Potential height: 6-16 inches (15-40 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Slow
See more details about care guide for Boltibis Narrowleaf here.