Neon Tetra Fish
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon Innesi), preferred by most fish keepers, is one of the most popular nano freshwater tropical live fish. You will love their neon appearance of light blue back and silver white belly, featured with a shimmering blue stripe along the top of their back, and a neon red stripe along the back and bottom of their bodies. With these features, it is not exaggerated to say Neon Tetra is the precious gem of an aquarium. Neon Tetra is small and grows no larger than 1 to 2 inch(es), so a small-sized tank is a good choice for their home. Since they are schooling fish, they will only thrive if you keep them in a group of six or more. Moreover, their significant appearance will also create a magnificent display of colors in your aquarium when they swim together. Most Neon Tetras are tank-bred. Despite the fact, they originated from streams in southeastern Columbia, eastern Peru, and western Brazil. These natural habitats are most known for their blackwaters beneath dense forest canopies that allow very little light to get through. As such and to create a similar living environment for Neon Tetra, we recommend using rock work, plants, and driftwood (providing hiding places) for your aquarium.
Neon Tetra is completely peaceful and can get along well with other non-aggressive fish that are similar in size, such as rasboras, small tetras, dwarf gouramis, corys. Another important note is that these fish are quite sensitive to changes in water parameters thus, be careful when acclimating Neon Tetra to a new tank. They are not recommended for new tanks as they may have problems in tanks which are not well-cycled.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Significant bright blue and red stripes that add magnificent display to your aquarium
- Peaceful disposition and safe with plants
- Small size, makes them an excellent choice for nano aquarium fish tank.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 80° F (20° - 27° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.0
- KH: 4 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Neon Tetras are omnivorous. They will accept most fish flakes and pellets, as well as small foods, including brine shrimp, daphnia, freeze-dried bloodworms, and tubifex.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling, should be kept in a group of no less than six
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to streams in southeastern Colombia, eastern Peru, and western Brazil
- Average adult size: 1.5 - 2 inches (3.8 - 5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 1 inch (0.6 - 2.5 cm)
See more details about the care guide for Neon Tetra here.