Dwarf Aquarium Lily Pot Plant
- Low stock - 7 items left
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Dwarf Aquarium Lily (scientific name: Nymphaea stellata) will be a focal point of your aquarium thanks to its signature colors ranging from reddish-bronze to pinkish-green.
The beautiful and hardy species are mostly found in India and Southeast Asia where the warm water temperature, slightly acidic pH levels, and slow-moving rivers and marshes are common. Hence, Dwarf Aquarium Lily would prefer similar conditions when grown in home aquariums. Besides, they favor high lighting conditions over the low ones though they can tolerate both. The plants do not require CO2 at the beginning; however, once they are well established and start sending lily pads to the top, they do appreciate the injection.
Dwarf Aquarium Lily can grow submerged or emersed. When kept in submerged form, you can either let its bulb gently on the top of the substrate or place it loosely under a piece of hardscape to keep it weighed down. The position of foreground or midground will allow its triangle-split leaves to highlight your aquarium. On the contrary, under emersed conditions, the plant may produce some pleasing flowers.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Interesting colors varying from reddish-bronze to pinkish-green
- A nature ‘filter’ for your tank
- Easy to grow
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 82°F (22° - 28°C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- GH: 2-12 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is required when well-established, able to absorb nutrients through liquid fertilizers or root tabs
- Lighting: Low to high
- Origin: India, Southeast Asia
- Potential height: Less than 5 inches (less than 12.7 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Foreground to midground depending on tank size
- Growth rate: Medium but it will grow robustly after well-established and provided with fertilizers