Emerald Dwarf Rasbora
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
The Emerald Dwarf Rasbora (scientific name: Microrasbora erythromicron) is a captivating jewel in the realm of aquarium fishkeeping, prized for its vibrant emerald green coloration and diminutive size. Hailing from the clear waters of Southeast Asia, the Emerald Dwarf Rasbora available in the aquarium trade are predominantly bred in captivity, ensuring consistent coloration and patterns that add a touch of enchantment to any aquatic environment.
Characterized by their tiny stature and striking emerald green hues, Emerald Dwarf Rasboras typically reach lengths of just 0.6 inches, making them perfect for nano and small planted aquariums. When setting up an aquarium for these rasboras, it's crucial to provide ample hiding spots amidst dense vegetation to emulate their natural habitat.
In the wild, Emerald Dwarf Rasboras inhabit slow-moving streams and peat swamp forests with soft, acidic water. Replicating these conditions in the aquarium setting with the addition of live plants and gentle filtration promotes their well-being. Additionally, ensure the tank has a tight-fitting lid to prevent potential jumps, as these fish may occasionally explore the surface.
Despite their diminutive size, Emerald Dwarf Rasboras are social creatures that thrive in groups. It's recommended to keep them in schools of at least six individuals to encourage natural behaviors and minimize stress.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Vibrant emerald green coloration
- Perfect for nano and small planted aquariums
- Active schooling behavior
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 78°F (22° - 26°C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.0
- KH: 1 – 5 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous; accepts a variety of foods including flakes, pellets, and small live or frozen options. Offer a varied diet to ensure proper nutrition.
- Social behavior: Schooling; keep in groups of at least six individuals.
- Origin: Southeast Asia; predominantly captive-bred
- Average adult size: 0.6 inches
- Average purchase size: 0.5 inches
For more detailed care guidance on Emerald Dwarf Rasboras, visit here.