Fritz Cattapa Tea Bags 10pk
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
The benefits of tannins in aquariums have been widely studied and documented. We can rely on them as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent, preventing some infections of fish and fish eggs. Algae growth can be slowed or eliminated, and pest snails and crustacean populations are controlled. Species that prefer low pH and soft water will thrive, showing vibrant colorations and increased spawning behavior.
Catappa leaves are commonly used in the hobby to create blackwater biotope aquariums, as shelter for fish, shrimp, and fry, as well as for their healing properties. They provide shade, sites for bubble nests, spawning sites and hiding places for fry, and food sources for many ornamental shrimp species. Catappa Leaves also add tannins, lower pH, have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, control pest snail populations, and enhance coloration and increase spawning behavior.
Fritz Catappa Tea Bags have the benefits of whole leaves with the additional feature of a small bagged package that can be added to any filter for a mess-free application.
Catappa Tea Bags
Naturally Adds Tannins and Humic Acid
Anti-Fungal and Anti-Bacterial Properties
Perfect for small filters - no mess!
Ideal for Betta and Biotope Systems
DIRECTIONS & DOSAGE
Recommended application: Use one bag per 10 gallons (38 L). Add directly to aquarium or filter. Replace monthly or as desired, when tissue is decomposed.
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Tannic acid can lower pH, monitor pH with a test kit during use and limit any change to 0.2 pH units per day if livestock are present
- Safe for invertebrates
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
Please note: For Aquarium Use Only! This product is NOT for human consumption.