Fritz Pro Aquatics Ammonium Chloride 500 g
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
- Great for Fresh or Saltwater Cycling
- FritzPro Ammonium Chloride is Highly Concentrated, Great for Large Systems
- No Scents or Dangerous Additives
About Ammonium Chloride
In most aquariums, the biological cycle is started by introducing fish into the aquarium. The fish excrete ammonia, which acts as a food source for nitrifying bacteria. Nitrifying bacteria convert ammonia into nitrite and then nitrite into nitrate. Fritz Ammonium Chloride (NH4Cl) can be used as a source of ammonia to initiate the growth of nitrifying bacteria without the presence of animal life. Fish should not be present while using ammonium chloride.
For smaller volume aquariums, try our easy-to-dose liquid Fishless Fuel.
Directions & Dosage
Use 4.5 g (approximately 1 level tsp) per 100 U.S. gallons (380 L). This dose will create an ammonia concentration of approximately 4 ppm.
- Use along with nitrifying bacteria (FritzZyme or TurboStart) as a food source
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- Contraindications: DO NOT add Ammonium Chloride to an aquarium with livestock present
- Dry products measured by volume (teaspoons, cups, etc) will always give approximate results - use a gram scale if available. If a gram scale is not available, be sure to test for correct concentration after use.
- Overdosed? Perform small water changes if needed to dilute
- Test with an ammonia test kit with a range up to at least 4 ppm
NOTE: Be careful not to use too much ammonium chloride. Raising ammonia levels above 5.0ppm may actually slow the cycle time.
Safety Data: Keep out of reach of children!