Gold Claw Fiddler Crab
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
It is no wonder this species is called Fiddler Crab (scientific name: Uca minar). The distinctive big claw which resembles a fiddle clearly demonstrates it. Fiddler Crab is hardy and prefers a brackish environment. Native to intertidal mud flats, lagoons, and swamps of Florida, Fiddler Crab thrives in the conditions of somewhat salinity. They are semi-terrestrial hence, creating an area above the waterline for them to crawl is no less importance. Like other crabs, they love hiding places and climbing areas. That means putting some rocks, driftwood or other decorative materials serving such purposes is highly encouraged. Nevertheless, make sure they still have some open spaces to ‘stab’ and burrow.
Of all the interesting facts about Fiddler Crab, you may have heard of its unique communication method. By using that big claw, it can give its presence signal to other crabs by raising or lowering it. Such interaction makes it hard for you to take your eyes off them.
Fiddler Crab is a calm and quiet creature on most occasions. However, it does not mean it won’t be aggressive. When keeping it with other crabs, you should often notice if they fight with each other (generally due to territory and courting female issues). If it happens, they need to be separated into different tanks. Further, be careful while choosing their ‘neighbors’ as it tends to regard small species as food.
What You Can Expect From This Crab:
- Unique ‘fiddle’ claw
- Lovely brackish creature
- Display interesting interaction with its own species
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 74 ° - 84° F (23° - 29° C)
- pH: 8 – 8.2
- KH: 12 – 30 dKH
- Salinity: 1.01 – 1.08
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons for up to 4 crabs (recommended 3-5 more gallons per additional one)
- Diet: brine shrimp, blood worms, plankton, seaweed, and zucchini
- Social behavior: Peaceful on most occasions
- Average adult size: 1-1.5 inches (2.5 – 3.8 cm)
Selling size is started from 0.5 inch+ We do not offer selling crabs by sex at this time.