Hairgrass Giant Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Giant Hairgrass (scientific name: Eleocharis Montevidensis) is the perfect choice for the purpose of concealing hardwares set up in the back of your aquarium. The plant can grow surprisingly fast and tall with nice thin blades upward, sometimes surpassing the waterline.
Despite having a simple appearance, Giant Hairgrass are popular mostly because of its hardiness, low-maintenance, and ability to create excellent hiding places for fish and shrimp. The plant also does not have high demand on living conditions. Indeed, they are able to adapt to a wide range of water parameters as long as sufficient nutrients and moderate to high lighting conditions are provided and maintained. Giant Hairgrass does not require CO2 additives although it reacts positively to that supplementation.
The very fast growth rate allows the plants to exhibit a lush green effect in your tank in a short time. However, you may need to trim them regularly since they can grow over the water surface causing your aquarium in disarray.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Hardy and durable species
- Dense cover for the background of aquariums
- Providing hiding places for your fish and shrimp
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 59° - 77°F (15° - 25°C)
- pH: 6-8
- GH: [●] dGH
- Tank size: Large
- Supplements: CO2 additives are not necessary; nutrients supplementation
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: North America
- Potential height: 20-30 inches or more (51-76 cm or more)
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Growth rate: Very fast
See more details about care guide for Giant Hairgrass here.