Hygro Willow Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Look for something lively for your aquarium, you can go for Willow Hygro (scientific name: Hygrophila Angustifolia). With its large stems producing long, narrow, bright green leaves often swaying in the water currents, this plant, like its name, somehow resembles a weeping willow tree.
Willow Hygro is an easy to grow species and suitable to be placed in the background of an aquarium. To plant it, you simply bury its roots into the substrate then let it well establish. When provided with proper lighting and nutrients, it is able to grow fast even to surpass the water surface. Willow Hygro prefers bright areas. When you keep it under high lighting and rich in CO2 conditions, you may need to trim it on the regular basis so as not to let it grow rampant. Like most stem plants, the cuttings can be replanted for propagation purposes.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Bright green leaves swaying resembles a willow tree
- Easy to grow
- Able to grow submerged or emerged
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 74° - 82° F (23° - 28° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.5
- KH: 3 – 8 dGH
- Minimum tank size: [●] gallons
- Supplements: CO2 additives, nutrient-rich base, iron-rich fertilizer are recommended
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Asia
- Potential height: 6 – 12 inches (15 – 30 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Willow Hygro here.