Jungle Vallisneria Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Though, undemanding and fast-growing species, Jungle Val (scientific name: Vallisneria Americana) could not be more perfect for any beginner owning large aquariums.
Jungle Val does not possess an impressive appearance. It is simply a plant with green thin leaves growing long and upward to even reach the waterline. The very general look gives it its own attraction to many aquarists. Usually found in shallow, slow-moving water areas in America, Jungle Val finds itself comfortable in an alkaline environment with water temperature ranging from 64° to 82°F. High lighting condition and iron-rich fertilizers supplementation are required for the plant to thrive best. In these conditions, most plants will demand for CO2 additives; however, Jungle Val is on the other hand. It does not actually need that supplement though it would appreciate it if you add some.
Despite the above recommendation, Jungle Val is well-known for the ability to survive in diverse environments. Its hardy nature allows it to be a popular beginner plant for aquarium hobbyists.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Suitable for large aquariums
- Providing wonderful covers and hiding places for fish and shrimp
- Suitable for beginners of aquarium hobby
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 82°F (18° - 28°C)
- pH: 6-9
- GH: 8-12 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons plus (the bigger, the better)
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary but recommended; iron-rich fertilizers
- Lighting: High
- Origin: America
- Potential height: up to 72 inches
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Jungle Val here.