Assassin Snail (Anentome helena)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Assassin Snails have a reputation of being able to help keep populations of some other freshwater snails in check. While keeping a small group of Assassin Snails in a tank may reduce the numbers of Snails.
An Assassin Snail should be affixed to hard surfaces like aquarium glass or decorations. An Assassin Snail has a cone shaped shell, similar to the shells of Malaysian Trumpet Snails and Rabbit Snails. Assassin Snail shells are gold color with a dark brown stripe wrapping around it from aperture to apex. Their shells should appear free from cracks, splits or other damage and their operculum should be visible on the top of their foot near their backside.
An Assassin Snail body and foot are a light cream color, with darker specks sprinkled throughout. Make sure the Assassin Snail has a complete Proboscis, as well as two tentacles, with an eye near the base on each. Be mindful that snails may be kept in display tanks with rougher fish that may take nips at them. So make sure the snail looks healthy, active and complete.
We ship younger Assassin Snails that are about 1/2 to 1 inch in length, and they will grow to about 2 inches long as adults. Having good substrate is important with Assassin Snails, as they love to burrow in it; we recommend sand. As with all snails, these are very sensitive to copper, so we advise monitoring copper levels if tap water is used to fill the tank.
- Obliterate pest snails
- Attractive striped coloration
- Safe with plants
- Does not bother most tankmates other than snails
- Temperature: 68° - 75° F (20° - 24° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 8.0
- KH: 2 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons per snail
- Diet: Carnivorous. Voraciously eats other snails and will often eat dead fish. If there are not enough small snails in the aquarium, their diet can be supplemented with fish flakes, blood worms, and other meaty foods.
- Social behavior: Attacks other snails, but otherwise peaceful.
- Origin: Indonesia
- Average adult size: 1.5 - 2 inches (3.8 - 5 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule