Ludwigia Ovalis Potted Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
One cannot skip Oval Ludwigia (scientific name: Ludwigia Ovalis) when they search for Ludwigia genus. This plant attracts attention through its ability to display various coloration depending upon tank conditions and thrive in relatively low-tech setups.
Oval Ludwigia is given the common name of Oval mostly because of its leaf shape. It is a hardy, fast-growing species and produces the striking red- orange when provided with sufficient nutrients and high lighting conditions. The most interesting and beloved thing about this plant is that its coloration may change (e.g., gold, pink, orange to even red) subject to the supplementation and lighting levels given. This feature “kills two birds with one stone”, as it serves the purposes of providing a variety of color bursts to your aquarium as well as cost efficiency.
Oval Ludwigia can thrive under moderate lighting with little to no CO2 additives though this plant benefits from it. High iron content supplement is highly recommended if you wish to have a bright red color in your tank. As it may reach the height from 4 to 8 inches, this species is best placed in the foreground to midground of aquariums.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- A variety range of coloration depending upon tank conditions
- Able to grow in low-tech setups
- Provides protective cover for fry and can attach to or cover many surfaces in the aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 82°F (18° - 28°C)
- pH: 6.0 -7.0
- GH: [●] dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: Little to no CO2 additives though this plant benefits from it, high iron content is recommended
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Asia
- Potential height: 4 – 8 inches (10 – 20 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Foreground to the midground
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Oval Ludwigia here.