Ludwigia Super Red mini Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Despite being smaller than other Ludwigia species, L. Mini Super Red (scientific name: Ludwigia sp. “Super Red Mini'') impresses aquarists with its intense red coloration on both leave’s sides when being exposed to high lighting conditions.
Ludwigia Mini Super Red are indigenous to Southeast Asia. They are recognized by small, round, and pointed red leaves growing in opposite pairs along the whole length of the stem. With the average height of about 6 inches (15 cm), the plant would not be more perfect for the midground to background position of aquariums.
Known as a prolific grower, Ludwigia Mini Super Red requires little to no CO2 additive to thrive. However, like other plants, they indeed benefit from that supplementation. Ludwigia Mini Super Red can absorb nutrients through roots or water columns. Such feature allows aquarists to either plant them into the substrate or attach them to driftwood/ other hard surfaces to meet their desired aquascapes. Only one thing you should notice when growing Ludwigia Mini Super Red is that they need good lighting conditions and flourish to their best under moderate to high lighting conditions. Upon that, the red hues will be boasted to the utmost.
The wonderful Ludwigia Mini Super Red are normally mixed with other green-shaded plants to create a contrast effect to aquariums. If you want more clusters of them, you can replant their trimmings.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Easy to grow nice ultra red coloration
- Excellent choice for the serious freshwater planted aquarium
- Hardy and not quite picky about water parameters
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 not required but recommended
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Potential height: 6 inches (15 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Ludwigia Mini Super Red here.