Micranthemum Tweediei 'Monte Carlo' Potted PlantRegular price $6.99
Monte Carlo (scientific name: Micranthemum tweediei) is known as the popular carpeting plant for freshwater aquariums. It has compressed, bright green leaves on creeping stalks and sprouts rapidly creating the lush foreground cover for your aquarium.
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' is native to Argentina. This hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish in a variety of tank conditions. Generally, Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' does its best in shade, but requires good light conditions as well as CO2 to grow its finest and become really compact.
Beside creating an appealing aquascape in the foreground, Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' offers refuge for shrimp and fish fry. Further, they don’t require much care and easily adapt to, even in low-tech setup provided good lighting and nutrients.
Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' can be cultivated together with Rotala Indica, Water Wisteria, Italian Val, AR Mini, [insert name]. It can paired with peaceful aquatic creatures such as shrimp, clown loach, mollies, neon tetras, cardinal tetras, rasbora hets, [insert name].
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Lush green mat in the front
- Easy to care
- Provide refuge for shrimp and fish fry
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 70° - 90° F (21° - 32° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.0
- GH: up to 15 GH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons (20 liters)
- Supplements: Fertilizers and CO2 additive are not required but encouraged
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Indigenous to Argentina
- Potential height: 1.2 - 2 inches (3-5 cm), sometimes taller
- Aquarium placement: Foreground
- Growth rate: Medium to fast