Rotala macrandra Tissue Culture by Tropica
- Low stock - 8 items left
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Rotala Macrandra Red, among other similarities, has the most intense red coloration to be sure to ‘rock’ your live planted aquarium. That distinctive red also helps it earn the center position of most tanks. There, if you plant them alternating with some other green foliages, Rotala M. Red truly levels up your tank.
Despite its beauty, Rotala M. Red is not really ‘a friend of beginners’. They are demanding and require lots of attention. High-intensity lighting, no shade allowed, high CO2 supplementation, plenty of phosphates, and low nitrates are the basic conditions for this plant to grow. Further, being native to India, Rotala M. Red requires a soft and freshwater environment to thrive.
Of all the things, planting Rotala M. Red properly is the most important. Successfully, it will be a good start for the plant. They need sufficient light so you have to make sure the individual stems are planted far enough apart for the lower leaves to reach the light. Otherwise, the lower portions simply just die off leaving the top part to break loose. Besides, Rotala M. Red’s leaves are also fragile. Hence, it is not strange for you to frequently take extra notice for them.
When being kept in top condition, Rotala M. Red surely exhibits the radiant colors and grows quickly.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Most intense red coloration with proper care
- Fast-growing species under favorable conditions
- Definitely a focal point of aquariums
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 65° - 78°F (18° - 26°C)
- pH: 6-7
- GH: Soft water
- Supplements: CO2, low nitrates (10ppm or less), high phosphates (1.5 - 2.0 ppm), nutrient rich
- Lighting: High
- Origin: India
- Potential height: 4-12 inches (10-30 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground
- Growth rate: Fast