Seachem Prime Fresh and Saltwater Conditioner
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
- POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
- REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
- DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.
- USE: Use 1 capful (5 mL) of Seachem Prime for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new or replacement water. For best results, add Seachem Prime to new water first. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. For smaller volumes, use 2 drops per gallon.
- SAFETY: In case of an emergency, the 5x dose of Seachem Prime may be used for both ammonia and nitrite. Use a ½ dose if the water temperature is > 30°C (86°F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low.
Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and saltwater. Prime removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia. Prime converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank's biofilter. Prime may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/ nitrite toxicity. Prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them.
- It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels. Prime is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Prime will not overactivate skimmers.
- Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water. When transporting or quarantining fish, use Seachem StressGuard. When adding new fish, use Stability. Both are ideal for use with Prime.
- A single 100 mL bottle will treat 1000 US gallons of tap water. Prime will remove both chloramines from municipal water supplies.
- Prime also contains a binder which renders ammonia, nitrite, and non-toxic. It is very important to understand how those two functions work together.
- The reduction process also breaks the bonds between chlorine and nitrogen atoms in the chloramine molecule, freeing the chlorine atoms and replacing them with hydrogen to create ammonia.
- Prime promotes the natural production and restoration of the slime coat rather than relying on artificial or non-native slime compounds.
- A further bonus for the reef hobbyist , Prime will not overactivate protein skimmers.
Seachem Prime is a concentrated conditioner designed to remove harmful chemicals such as chlorine and chloramine from freshwater and saltwater aquariums. The pet safe formula detoxifies ammonia, nitrites and nitrates as well as provides essential ions and contributes to the production of a natural slime coat. Seachem Prime is five times more concentrated than competing products and will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels. Aquarists can rest assured knowing that the solution is non-acidic and will not impact delicate pH balances in the aquarium, and reef hobbyists specifically will appreciate the fact that Prime will not over activate skimmers.
Prime is the perfect addition to any tank during cycling as it effectively alleviates ammonia and nitrite toxicity as the formula contains a binder which renders ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate non-toxic, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them permanently. Perfect for new tanks and whenever you are adding or replacing water.
Directions For Use:
Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new aquarium water. For smaller volumes, it is important to remember that each cap thread is approximately 1 mL.The soltuion can be added to the aquarium directly, but it is significantly better if added to the new water first. If you are adding the solution directly to the aquarium, base the dose level on the aquarium volume. A sulfur odor is normal. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose can be used safely without harming aquatic pets. To detoxify nitrite in an emergency situation, up to 5 times normal dose may be used. If temperature shows to be > 30 °C (86 °F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are lower than normal, use a half dose.