Sulawesi Shrimp White Legs Red Body
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule
** For the safety of this shrimp, We now ship this shrimp exclusively via UPS Next Day Air or UPS Next Day Air Saver. You will see the automatic shipping rate display at check out**
Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp (scientific name: Caridina dennerli ) is a real challenge to every aquarist even when they are already the masters of shrimp-keeping. Although the freshwater shrimp is regarded as the most easy-going among Sulawesi shrimp species, it is still not a wise choice for beginners. This shrimp is tank breed by Splashy Fish
Native to ancient lakes in Sulawesi island, Indonesia, where natural habitats, especially aquatic environments, are almost stable and unchanged, Cardinal shrimp are very sensitive to any (even small) changes in the living conditions. Therefore, in order to keep them, shrimp keepers must have excellent skills in dealing with the tank setup and maintenance. Normally, Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp thrive in stable water parameters having a warm temperature range of 77 - 84oF (25o - 28oC), mere alkaline pH levels around 7.8 – 8.2, and hardness of 6-8. Clean water is the prioritized factor to ensure the survival of the special Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp. Besides, arranging their home aquarium replicating the wild habitats will increase the chance of the shrimp thrive and soon get accustomed to the new surroundings. Dark carbonate-rich soil/substrate, driftwood, and rocks (having large surface areas for algae to grow on) are the best additions in this case. A few live aquatic plants are also appreciated by the cardinal shrimp.
Despite the fact of difficulty in terms of care, Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp catch the heart of many aquarists who dare to challenge themselves. The striking dark red (mere a brick hue) body and white tiny dots emerging randomly surely affirms that the center position of the aquarium tank belongs to the Cardinal Sulawesi shrimp.
What You Can Expect From This Shrimp:
- Striking appearance
- Difficult to care for
- Peaceful and shy disposition
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 77° - 84° F (25° - 28° C) (with ideal temperature point of 82oF)
- pH: 7.8 – 8.2
- GH: 6-8 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons (the larger the better for monitoring water parameters)
- Diet: Algae, biofilm, and decaying plant matter
- Social behavior: Relatively shy, peaceful, prefer living in groups (12-15 specimens)
- Origin: Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Average adult size: 1 inch
See more details about care guide for Sulawesi shrimp here.
All orders containing Sulawesi shrimp will ship next on May 9th or May 16th. Please place this shrimp order separately.