- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
Tank Raised, Captive breed Altum Angel Fish For Sale, F1 Altum Angel Fish For Sale.
As the largest and unique member in its species and specimens, Altum AngelFish (scientific name: Pterophyllum altum) are the most sought by the fishkeeping community on the whole and AngelFish-loving hobbyists in specific.
Altum AngelFish, also called P. altum, appear in a lozenge-shaped figure with the natural base color of silver (with some blueish green near their fins) and three brownish/red vertical stripes spread over their body. The fish can reach 15 inches (~ 38 cm) in terms of size when matured, and tends to expand itself vertically rather than horizontally. This is a hint for you when choosing its tank. They absolutely prefer tall aquariums to long ones as these containers fit them and allow enough space for them to swim as well as interact with the fish community. Planting the tank densely is highly encouraged since it helps P.altum feel comfortable and secure. Generally, a single P. altum will live happily in a 20-gallon tank while a 55-gallon can nurture a group of three.
In wild habitat, P. altum lives in the well oxygenated, extremely soft waters of tributaries in South America with a pH range normally between 4.5 and 6.0. Temperature requirements should be between 78 and 84°F (26 and 29°C) and extremely clean and well-cycled water is crucial for them to survive. The P. altum is also known for its inability to deal with copper. Thus, you must be careful to check this substance in your aquarium. High-demanding as the fish are, P. altum is not appropriate for beginners.
Altum AngelFish have a peaceful disposition; however, it does not mean they are not a predator. Such personality explains why most aquarists recommend not keeping P.altum with other small species that can fit into their mouth, especially guppies and neon tetras [Ng check lại thông tin highlight vàng nha]. When it comes to diet, this fish would take live foods rather than other types although it can accept high-quality frozen/ dry foods.
- altum for sale at our Splashy Fish Store are TANK-BRED ONLY which come from reliable sources. We further guarantee that all of our P. altum go through the quarantine process for a period of 14-day before being sold to you, as we care about the quality and strive to provide you the best we can.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Exhibit an elegant display in your tank, especially large tanks
- Quite challenging in terms of care
- Peaceful but predatory as well
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 78° - 84°F (26° - 29°C)
- pH: 4.5 – 6.0
- GH: 5 – 15 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 20-gallon for individual and 55-gallon for a group of three
- Diet: Live foods, high-quality frozen/ dry food are acceptable to them. You can consider brine shrimp and bloodworms.
- Social behavior: Peaceful but predator
- Origin: Tank-bred only
- Average adult size: 15 inches (38 cm)
- Average purchase size: [●] inches ([●]cm) [Ng recommend nha]
See more details about care guide for Altum AngelFish here.