Dwarf Hairgrass Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
With green coloration, tall and thin strands/blades resembling grass-like appearance, Dwarf Hairgrass (scientific name: Eleocharis parvula will create a lush field aquascape for your aquarium. It is termed ‘dwarf’ mainly because it grows relatively short compared to other related species. This feature helps it obtain the position in the foreground to midground of aquariums.
Dwarf Hairgrass appreciates soft substrate with rich fertilizer. It is also known for tolerance of a broad spectrum of water parameters although it will thrive in the neutral pH with a general hardness of 2-10. High lighting and CO2 additives are not always necessary to Dwarf Hairgrass but it will definitely increase its growth rate and thickness.
When planting Dwarf Hairgrass, you should bury the roots fully into the substrate and keep all the strands above. After several weeks, you will find the plant sends its runners all around and creates a lush green carpet covering the ground.
On a further note, Dwarf Hairgrass can outcompete other plants for nutrients and space once established. So you should be careful when considering its plant tank mates. Things go different when it comes to fish tank mates. It is regarded as an ideal shelter to bottom-dwelling fish thanks to its density. Moreover, as it grows taller, its blade gently slows along with the currents which adds interest and enjoyment for your fish to live in this lively environment.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Rich, bright coloration
- Ideal shelter for bottom-dwelling fish
- Thrive in low-tech aquarium set up
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 70° - 83° F (21° - 28° C)
- pH: 6 – 7.5
- KH: 4-8 dKH
- GH: 2-10 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is recommended, [insert fertilizer]
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Potential height: 1-4 inches (2.54 – 10.16 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Foreground to midground
- Growth rate: Moderate to fast
See more details about care guide for Dwarf Hairgrass here.
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule