Green Ozelot Sword Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Outstanding thanks to its special red-dappled oval-shaped leaves upon which lies irregularly shaped blotches, Green Ozelot Sword (scientific name: Echinodorus Ozelot), commonly called Ozelot Red Sword, is also well known for its hardiness and tolerance of various water conditions. The characteristics make this species an ideal aquatic plant for beginners when it comes to consideration.
Green Ozelot Sword is a hybrid of Echinodorus schlueteri 'Leopard' and Echinodorus barthii. It can thrive in low to high lighting conditions with the water temperature ranging from 73°- 83° F (23°-28° C). Green Ozelot Sword is a prolific grower, once established, it spreads through rhizomes and side shoots. With the maximum height up to 20 inches, Green Ozelot Sword (can grow emersed or submerged) is often planted into the substrate (3 to 4 inches deep) in the midground to the background of aquariums. When you spot the yellow leaves after planting, just trim them but be careful not to interfere with its roots. Do the same to those covered with algae.
Despite that fact, Green Ozelot Sword requires little attention after initial planting. It benefits from rich nutrients as it is a heavy root feeder. If not provided enough nutrients, it can decrease the ability of this plant to spread. CO2 additives are encouraged but not necessary. Another thing you should also notice is copper as the plant is very sensitive to it.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Red-dappled oval-shaped leaves gives an unusual look to your aquarium
- Very tolerant
- Recommended to beginners
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 73°- 83° F (23°-28° C)
- pH: 6.5-7.5
- KH: 3-8 dKH
- Minimum tank size: Best suit to larger tank
- Supplements: CO2 is encouraged but not necessary, rich nutrients through substrate or fertilizer injection
- Lighting: Low to high
- Origin: USA
- Potential height: 20 inches (50 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Fast