Hygro Araguaia Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
The reddish brown to purple hue of its leaves is the main reason why many aquarists can’t keep an eye off of this species, Araguaia Hygro (scientific name: Hygrophila lancea "Araguaia").
Araguaia Hygro, despite being a stem plant, grows horizontally in short bushes. Simply bury this plant into the substrate and under the right conditions (e.g., high lighting conditions), it will unnoticeably creep along your tank. Araguaia Hygro can grow either emersed or submersed; therefore, it is an excellent choice not only for aquariums but paludariums as well.
The plant is also known for its hardy nature. It may not need CO2 supplements yet we recommend this for its optimal appearance and health. Araguaia Hygro provides a great deal of cover for animal fry. However, due to its thin leaf texture, you should not grow it together with those fish being considered destructive animals (e.g., crayfish, large cichlids, or goldfish).
As the plant may reach a height of seven inches, it is normally recommended to be set in the midground position of aquariums. Further, in order to maintain the bushy effect, it needs pruning and cutting on a regular basis.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Attractive reddish brown to purple hue
- Hardy species
- Bushy growth
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 86°F (18° - 30°C)
- pH: 4 – 7
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 is not required yet recommended
- Lighting: High
- Potential height: 4 – 7 inches tall (10 – 20 cm), 2 – 6 inches (6 – 15 cm) wide
- Aquarium placement: Midground
- Growth rate: Medium
See more details about care guide for Araguaia Hygro here.