Hygro Blue Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Blue Hygro (scientific name: Hygrophila Salicifolia) does not possess a blue coloration as its name demonstrates. Instead, this species happens to show tints of green and sometimes even red. Despite the mystery of its name, many aquarists still ‘fall in love’ with it.
Blue Hygro is a hardy and easy-going species. Its height up to 6 inches when it fully matures makes it a perfect candidate for the midground to background position of aquariums. There, its extensive pointed foliage will slowly flow along the water currents giving your aquarium a pleasing and calm view.
Blue Hygro is able to thrive in low-tech setups provided that moderate to high lighting conditions are given. CO2 supplementation is not required but again your plant definitely benefits from it.
Planting Blue Hygro does not ask for any special technique. Simply plant it to the substrate and wait for it to be well-established. On a further note, this kind of Hygro has a thin texture of leaves hence, growing them along with destructive animals (e.g., crayfish, large cichlids, or goldfish) may not be a good idea.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Pleasing background view
- Suitable to low-tech setups
- Easy to care
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 75°F (18° - 22°C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- GH: 1 – 25 dGH
- Supplements: CO2 supplementation is not required but encouraged
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Asia
- Potential height: up to 6 inches (15 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Medium
See more details about care guide for Blue Hygro here.