Mermaid Weed Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Mermaid Weed (scientific name: Proserpinaca Palustris), also known as Saw-Tooth Hygro, exhibits a peculiar look with serrated leaves growing out from the stem. The plant sometimes gives out unexpected various coloration, from vibrant green to orange-red and golden hues, depending on lighting conditions offered to it.
Mermaid Weed requires its caretakers to have certain skills in the similar industry. Hence, it’d normally not be recommended to those who are beginners.
The plant needs sufficient lighting and nutrients to thrive. Lack of them, it tends to shed leaves and become wilted. Not only that, CO2 additives are highly recommended as it truly helps Mermaid Weed flourish. With proper care, Mermaid Weed can reach a maximum size of 16 inches tall and 6 inches wide. The height makes it ideal for the background position of aquariums. Simply bury its roots into the substrate and let it establish in stable water conditions (warmer water with slightly acidic pH level, and moderate to strong lighting conditions), the species will slowly expand and give a mere bushy texture to your aquarium.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Serrated leaves and vivid coloration
- Moderate to difficult to care for
- Providing shelters and hiding places for fish and invertebrates
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 50°-82°F (10°-28° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons but the larger is preferred
- Supplements: CO2 supplementation, fertilizers rich in nutrients
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Wetlands of North and South America
- Potential height: 16 inches (41 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Background
- Growth rate: Slow
See more details about care guide for Mermaid Weed here.