Mint Charlie Aquatic Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Known as a moisture-loving plant, Mint Charlie (scientific name: Clinopodium Brownei) is the favorite of hobbyists to not only aquariums but paludarium as well.
Native to the southeastern U.S. and wide parts of Central and South America, Mint Charlie is often seen near the edges of ponds or in swampy habitats, with the appearance of light green roundish leaves growing in pairs from the main stem, and lovely light purple flowers blooming in spring and summer months.
Mint Charlie can be planted fully or partly submerged. There, the plant will grow upright and produce small branches. Mint Charlie is not hard to grow. You only need to provide it with appropriate conditions and keep them stable for the species to thrive. Moderate light, warm water with soft to medium hardness, and neutral pH level are highly appreciated. Particularly, Mint Charlie grows to its best in moist environments. As such, it is recommended to plant them in sandy or loamy soils that are consistently moist or a couple of inches of standing water. Simply place it on the substrate where you would like it to root and let it establish; or hang it on the rear in hanging baskets and allow it to cascade over the edge of your aquarium. Remember that if you go for the latter, make sure the soil therein is watered regularly.
Mint Charlie, like its name, does release the minty aroma.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Minty smell
- Easy to grow and hardiness
- Moisture-loving plant and able to adapt to either aquarium or paludarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68°F - 84°F (20°C - 29°C)
- pH: 7.0
- GH: Soft to medium
- Supplements: [●]
- Lighting: Moderate
- Origin: Southeastern U.S. and wide parts of Central and South America
- Potential height: 6 to 8 inches tall (15 - 20 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Medium to fast
See more details about care guide for Mint Charlie here.