Seachem Flourish Excel Bioavailable Carbon
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- CARBON PRODUCTION: All plants require a source of carbon, and Flourish Excel is a great and convenient source of bioavailable organic carbon.
- IRON PRODUCTION: Flourish Excel also possesses iron reducing properties, thus promoting the ferrous state of iron (Fe+2), which is more easily utilized by plants than ferric iron (Fe+3).
- PHOTOSYNTHESIS: Plants must produce longer chain carbon compounds (photosynthetic intermediates). By dosing with Flourish Excel you bypass the involvement of chain carbon compounds, and introduce the already finished, structurally similar compounds.
- TREATMENT: On initial use or after a major (> 40%) water change, use 1 capful of Flourish Excel (5 mL) for every 40 L (10 US gallons). Thereafter, use 1 capful for every 200 L (50 US gallons) daily or every other day. For smaller dosing please note that each cap thread is approximately 1 mL.
- SAFETY: Flourish Excel is completely safe for fish, however if you have Anacharis in an aquarium in which you are dosing Flourish Excel, then it is recommended to use it every other day rather than daily.
All plants require a source of carbon and Flourish Excel is a simple source of readily available organic carbon that directly benefits the growth and overall development of a wide variety of aquatic plants. Typically, carbon comes from CO2 but it can also by derived from simple organic compounds such as photosynthetic intermediates, which are found in this formula. Now this isn't to say that using one would negate the others efficacy, on the contrary! Due to the fact that processes surrounding the production and development of photosynthetic intermediates occurs simultaneously, aquarists are able to achieve substantial benefits when using both Seachem Flourish Excel in addition to in-tank CO2 injections. The combination of these two carbon-based additives is well suited for situations when continuing to add CO2 could result in dangerously low pH levels within the aquarium. Additionally, the solution has efficient iron reducing properties which promote the ferrous state of iron (Fe+2), which is more easily utilized by aquatic plants than ferric iron (Fe+3).
CO2 is needed to produce longer chain carbon compounds known as photosynthetic intermediates that contain compounds such as ribulose 1,5-bisphosphate, and 2-carboxy-3-keto-D-arabinitol 1,5 bisphosphate. In layman's terms, Seachem Flourish Excel does not contain these exact compounds, but ones that are quite similar, allowing you to bypass the involvement of CO2 by introducing already finished, structurally similar compounds to the benefit of your delicate aquatic plants.
On initial use or after a major (> 40%) water change, use 1 capful (5 mL) for every 40 L (10 US gallons) of aquarium water. From there, use 1 capful for every 200 L (50 US gallons) daily or every other day. For smaller dosing please note that each cap thread is approximately 1 mL.