Blue Mystery SnailRegular price $3.99
Pomacea bridgesii, common names the spike-topped apple snail or mystery snail, is a South American species of freshwater snail with gills and an operculum, an aquatic gastropod mollusk in the family Ampullariidae.
These large and striking snails are great for adding color to your aquarium, and duel for having usefulness in other ways while in your tank(s). Blue Apple Snail knows for clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations; they eat hair algae; and they keep your substrate clean and the correct color. Blue Mystery snail are tranquil and are completely safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants. Blue Apple Snail they can get pretty large once they are adults measuring to upwards of three (3) inches in diameter. Mystery Snails' shells are vibrant and a lively golden yellow color. Their bodies are pearly white with iridescent markings which can be mesmerizing when they catch light.
Mystery Snails are generally more active and exhibit a more playful behavior than other types of freshwater snails. They are almost always scaling the walls of the aquarium and extending their antennae in search of food. They will climb up to the water line to breathe air, so it's a good idea to ensure the water line in your aquarium isn't too high. When a Mystery Snail reaches the top of a wall or structure, it will often let go of the wall and glide rapidly downward until it crashes into plants below.
Blue Apple Snail have ravenous appetites and grow in size rapidly if they are fed well; a young Mystery Snail can double in size in a matter of weeks to months. As with all freshwater snails, Mystery Snails are very sensitive to copper (please be intentional with monitoring your copper levels if you use tap water in your tank).
Please keep in mind that the photo in the listing is just representing the type of snail that can be send to you. If you would like to specify the type of snail that you are looking to buy we would do our best to accommodate you. Due to the nature of the product during packing we cannot pack per your request for gender of the fish.
What We Like About This Snail:
- Bright and beautiful golden yellow shell coloration
- Its playful behavior makes it more fun to watch than other snails
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 84° F (20° - 29° C)
- pH: 7.6 - 8.4
- KH: 2 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2.5 gallons per snail
- Diet: Other than algae and biofilm, Mystery Snails also eat leftover fish/invertebrate flakes and pellets and blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
- Social behavior: Peaceful and solitary; will not engage with tankmates.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 - 3+ inches (5 - 7.6+ cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.54 - 5 cm)