Cardinal Plant Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Cardinal Plant (scientific name: Lobelia Cardinalis) catches your attention through its coloration ‘transformation’ from bright green to unusual red-purple (mostly seen in its emersed form) on the undersides of the leaves. Short with thick stems, the plant can either grow emersed or submerged and adapt to a wide range of aquarium conditions.
It is best known for another name ‘Cardinal Flower’ as you may see it develops the bright red flower in its emersed form.
The plant is around 4 - 12 inches (10 – 30 cm) tall which makes it an excellent foreground or midground species.
Cardinal Plant is undemanding and requires little care. It prefers moderate to high lighting conditions and thrives in nutrient-rich substrate and will also benefit from CO2 additives. Fertilizer addition helps boost the growth of the plant as well as maintain its best coloration and form.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Wonderful coloration
- Excellent plant for foreground to midground placement
- Undemanding species
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 63° - 82° F (17° - 28° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 7.0
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: Nutrient-rich substrate, CO2 additives
- Lighting: Moderate to high light to prevent wilting and promote lush, compact growth
- Origin: North America
- Potential height: 4 - 12 inches (10 – 30 cm)
- Aquarium placement: Foreground to midground
- Growth rate: Medium