- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
Hillstream Loach (scientific name: Sewellia lineolata) marks your aquarium with its torpedo-shaped body, wing-like pectoral and pelvic fins which create an advantage for them to undergo fast-moving currents. Hillstream Loaches are native to Asia where there lies rapid-moving streams and rivers. They prefer the similar habitat as such equipping your aquarium with a powerhead is a must.
Like other loaches, Hillstream love to spend their time on the bottom of the tank and burrow themselves into live aquatic plants. They go well with java moss, anubias species and many others. Hillstream Loach is the hardiest and boldest species. Under the proper and stable water parameters (i.e., plenty of oxygen, cold temperature and neutral pH level), they can thrive up to 10 years.
This Loach’s main diets are biofilm and algae in nature. Despite that, they can also accept other types of fish food such as frozen and dry ones.
It is quite pleasing to watch Hillstream Loach gliding little by little on the bottom of the tank. As peaceful as they are, Hillstream Loaches are totally safe to keep with other non-aggressive fish, snails and shrimp (e.g., small rasboras, tetras). One more note, Hillstream Loach prefers living in school and a group of six is an ideal option for a small aquarium.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Torpedo-shaped body and great ability to live in fast-moving currents
- Peaceful disposition
- Active social behavior when kept in colonies
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 75° F (20° - 23.9° C)
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- KH: 4 – 8 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 30 gallons or more for a small group
- Diet: Biofilm and algae is required, other types can be accepted such as dry foods and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful on most occasions
- Origin: Asia, mostly found in rapid-moving streams and rivers
- Average adult size: 2.2 – 2.6 inches (5.5 – 6.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.5 – 5 cm)
See more details about care guide for Hillstream Loach here.