Brazilian Pennywort Potted Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Brazilian Pennywort (scientific name: Hydrocotyle leucocephala) couldn’t be more perfect. You will love it as the plant, with round dime to half-dollar sized leaves growing along an ivy-like creeping stem, is definitely a highlight to your live planted aquarium. Your fish will love it as they find nowhere better shelters than in Brazilian Pennywort.
Brazilian Pennywort is a fast growing and less demanding species. They can be suitable to various aquarium setups, from fully aquatic to boggy ones. With the height of 24 inches (60 cm), they are best placed in the midground to the background of aquariums. Planting Brazilian Pennywort is a ‘breeze’. You can either stick them into a substrate/ hard surface or let them float. Carefully weigh the plant down if you go with the former as Brazilian Pennywort has a small thin root system. If you choose to leave them float, gently divide the plant and spread them on the surface of the water. Your aquatic inhabitants would love the cover their roots bring about.
In order to have lively and robust Brazilian Pennyworts, you should provide them with sufficient lighting and appropriate water conditions. They can adapt to a wide range of water hardness but prefer warm environments with slightly neutral pH level. The species takes in nutrients from water column hence, you don’t need a nutrient rich base when growing it.
Brazilian Pennywort has no issues growing out of the water. The feature makes it fit to terrariums or paludariums. When growing emersed, the plant will produce small white flowers.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Fast growing and less demanding species
- Fit to aquariums, terrariums, and paludariums
- Providing shelters for fish
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 82°F (22° - 28°C)
- pH: 6-8
- GH: 4-18 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons (about 40 litres)
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary (when left floating) but recommended
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Southern Mexico to Northern Argentina
- Potential height 24 inches (60 cm) in height and about 6 inches (15 cm) in width under optimal conditions
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Brazilian Pennywort here.