Brazilian Pennywort Pot Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Brazilian Pennywort (scientific name: Hydrocotyle leucocephala) couldn’t be more perfect. You will love it as the plant, with round dime to half-dollar sized leaves growing along an ivy-like creeping stem, is definitely a highlight to your live planted aquarium. Your fish will love it as they find nowhere better shelters than in Brazilian Pennywort.
Brazilian Pennywort is a fast growing and less demanding species. They can be suitable to various aquarium setups, from fully aquatic to boggy ones. With the height of 24 inches (60 cm), they are best placed in the midground to the background of aquariums. Planting Brazilian Pennywort is a ‘breeze’. You can either stick them into a substrate/ hard surface or let them float. Carefully weigh the plant down if you go with the former as Brazilian Pennywort has a small thin root system. If you choose to leave them float, gently divide the plant and spread them on the surface of the water. Your aquatic inhabitants would love the cover their roots bring about.
In order to have lively and robust Brazilian Pennyworts, you should provide them with sufficient lighting and appropriate water conditions. They can adapt to a wide range of water hardness but prefer warm environments with slightly neutral pH level. The species takes in nutrients from water column hence, you don’t need a nutrient rich base when growing it.
Brazilian Pennywort has no issues growing out of the water. The feature makes it fit to terrariums or paludariums. When growing emersed, the plant will produce small white flowers.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Fast growing and less demanding species
- Fit to aquariums, terrariums, and paludariums
- Providing shelters for fish
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 82°F (22° - 28°C)
- pH: 6-8
- GH: 4-18 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons (about 40 litres)
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary (when left floating) but recommended
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Southern Mexico to Northern Argentina
- Potential height 24 inches (60 cm) in height and about 6 inches (15 cm) in width under optimal conditions
- Aquarium placement: Midground to background
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Brazilian Pennywort here.
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule