Cryptocoryne Lutea Potted PlantRegular price $6.99
Given the beautiful bright green or bronzy pointed leaves and the medium size (4 to 8 inches tall), Cryptocoryne Lutea is certainly a perfect candidate for those who are searching for a midground plant for their aquariums.
- Lutea grows more upright than other crypts and develops a dense foliage. Beside its attractive appearance, this species is popular these days due to its hardiness and the ability to adapt to a wide range of water conditions. It even thrives in low-tech setups. Like other crypts, C. Lutea does not like to be moved. It also may suffer ‘crypts melt’ when introduced to a new tank or growing in unstable water parameters. Once you spot this sign, try to remove the rot/ melting parts and check the water conditions to make sure they are kept in the appropriate levels. Melting can also happen when C. Lutea exposes to strong light so moderate lighting is highly recommended.
- Lutea gives the best aquascape effect when planted in groups. It benefits from nutrient rich substrates with lots of iron. Though it is not necessary, CO2 additives will help this species thrive.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Bright green or bronzy pointed leaves
- Excellent midground plant
- Can thrive in low-tech setups
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72 – 79° F (22 - 26° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.2
- Minimum tank size: Can suit for nano aquariums
- Supplements: CO2 is not necessary but recommended, nutrient rich substrate, sufficient iron
- Lighting: Moderate
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Potential height: 4-8 inches
- Aquarium placement: Midground
- Growth rate: Slow to medium