Pure Black Line Caridina Shrimp
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
The Pure Black Line Caridina Shrimp (PBL Shrimp) were a selective breed from Crystal Black Shrimp for many years until they became pure line. These beautiful live freshwater shrimp possess a porcelain white shell with black patterns scattered over the body. Alone, the dwarf aquarium shrimp will be the focal point of your tank while gathering in groups, their interaction surely liven your aquarium up.
Pure Black Line Caridina Shrimp require moderate care. They are known for sensitivity to fluctuations and should be kept in mature aquariums. Soft and slightly acidic water in cooler ranges of temperature is an ideal condition for them to thrive. While clean water and ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels under control are really necessary for the survival of these shrimp. Caridina shrimps love live aquatic plants. You often find them hiding there most of their time, especially in molting/ breeding periods. The highly recommended and most appropriate ‘candidates’ could be named java moss, buce plant, and anubias. Since your freshwater aquarium shrimp are dwarf shrimp, you may need to equip your tank with a sponge filter to prevent them getting stuck occasionally. Besides, they won’t bother if you put some decorations such as aquarium rock caves and aquarium driftwood in your fish tank. Instead, they find it more comfortable and secure as they could have more hiding places when needed.
Black Pure Line Caridina Shrimp like to stay in groups. We recommend keeping a colony of around 10 to 20 specimens in a 5 to 10 gallons fish tank as this encourages them to be more active as well as display the optimal coloration effect in your tank.
What You Can Expect From This Shrimp:
- Porcelain white pigment with black patterns scattered over the body
- Safe with plants
- Peaceful and non-territorial disposition
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 70° - 74°F (21° - 23°C)
- pH: 5.5 – 6.4
- KH: 0 – 1 dKH
- GH: 3 – 6
- TDS: 110 – 160
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Algae and biofilm are their favorite. However, other high quality shrimp foods such as sinking shrimp pellets, crushed flake foods, baby brine shrimp, etc. could be accepted. Vegetation like spinach is also encouraged.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, non-territorial
- Origin: Tank-bred
- Average adult size: 0.5 - 1 inch (1.5 – 2.5 cm)