Water Sprite Indian Fern Potted Plant
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Temple (scientific name: Hygrophila Corymbosa) is an ideal species for any aquascaping beginner as it is undemanding, fast-growing, with green, long and wide leaves, surely highlights your aquarium.
Native to Southeast Asia, Temple prefers quite similar living conditions with warm water and slightly acidic pH levels. General hardness below 15 dGH is considered appropriate for it to grow. As a hardy and sturdy species, Temple can tolerate a variety of water parameters and live peacefully with many aquatic creatures (except for the goldfish because they like nibbling on the plant which, despite its hardy texture, can harm its attractive appearance).
Although Temple does not require much CO2 supplement, it indeed benefits from the addition. So does nutrient-rich water and compost.
Temple loves moderate to high lighting conditions. Left them exposed to the intense light, they will thrive to their best and grow the shoots quickly. On the other hand, under less strong lighting conditions, their leaves tend to develop a slightly red shade.
When planting Temple, you should let its roots establish into substrate and leave a small space between the individual stems (around two inches) to allow the lower leaves to reach the light. Temple can either grow fully or partially submerged. When it rises above the water surface, the species may bloom purple scented flowers.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Undemanding and fast growing species
- Peaceful with fishes
- Various heights allow it to be placed flexibly in the foreground to the background of aquariums
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 82°F (22° - 28°C)
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- GH: up to 15 dGH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons but the larger is preferred
- Supplements: CO2 not required but recommended, nutrient-rich environment
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Potential height: 16 inches and above (40 cm and above)
- Aquarium placement: Foreground to background depending on the variety
- Growth rate: Fast
See more details about care guide for Temple here.