Anubias Nana Pot Plant by Tropica
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Dark green leaves emerged from the center of the plant like a small blossom underwater, Anubias Nana (scientific name: Anubias barteri var. nana) is definitely a green striking in the foreground to midground of your aquarium.
Anubias Nana has tall and variable foliage from pointed to ovate ones. They grow compact and rosette from thick and strong stems. Such features make it hold against any activity of your tank fish. Further, its deep green coloration creates not only a vigorous aquascape but also a natural-looking habitat for your tank. Dense mat-like it is, Anubias Nana is really an ideal shelter for your aquatic creatures, especially bottom-dwellers.
This plant is best known for recovering from basic cultivation mistakes as well as surviving in a wide range of environments. Despite that, it would be better if you keep this plant in its favorite parameters (you can refer to the below). Warm water tank is highly recommended. CO2 additives and fertilizers are not necessary but encouraged for its better growth.
Anubias Nana can be planted into the ground or attached to hardscapes (e.g., driftwood or rockwork). Whatever way you choose, carefully not cover its rhizome with substrate otherwise, it can rot. If you are lucky, you may occasionally see its white flower bloom.
What You Can Expect From This Plant:
- Extremely durable
- Green striking to aquariums
- Low to moderate lighting and little to no supplementation in nutrient-rich water
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 80° F (22° - 27° C)
- pH: 5.5 – 9
- KH: 3-8 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Supplements: CO2 and fertilizer are not necessary
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Africa
- Potential height: 6 inches and can reach up to 8 inches
- Aquarium placement: Foreground to midground
- Growth rate: Slow to medium