- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma Heteromorpha) is not a ‘stranger’ to the fishkeeping community. Randomly visit a fish store, you will easily encounter this shimmering reddish-copper species. Thanks to the body color, it is also known under the name of Red Rasbora.
Harlequin Rasbora does not have a big size. When matured, they only reach up to 2 inches. Nonetheless, they still have their own appeals that most aquarists can’t take an eye off. The metallic appearance with a dark black stripe running from the rear half to the tail of the body absolutely highlights itself among other fishes. That has not mentioned the interesting effect they will create when interacting with each other in large groups.
- Rasbora is an undemanding species in terms of care. They will live happily in soft to acidic water surrounded by dense vegetation. The temperature range should be fairly warm and the current is quite slow. The fish are relatively shy when kept alone hence, it is highly recommended to keep them in a group of at least 6 to encourage their active nature. Peaceful as they are, H. Rasbora is a great candidate for a smaller-sized community tank so long as its tank mates are not large and predatory or aggressive.
The beginners surely should not skip this fish, the very easy to care for species yet possessing an attractive looking.
What You Can Expect From This Fish:
- Beautiful appearance, especially when hanging out in groups
- Appropriate for beginning aquarium hobbyists
- Peaceful and an excellent candidate for a smaller-sized community tank
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 73° - 82°F (23° - 28°C)
- pH: 6-7 (Harlequin Rasbora won’t survive in extremely acidic or alkaline environments)
- KH: 2-15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: They prefer live foods whenever possible though they can accept frozen foods as well as flake foods. You can consider Daphnia, bloodworms, and insect larvae.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, quite shy when kept in single
- Origin: Southeast Asia
- Average adult size: up to 2 inches (5 cm)
See more details about care guide for Harlequin Rasbora here.