Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (PRL Shrimp)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Live Arrival Guarantee
- Fast shipping
- All our live fish, shrimp, snails are care with love and passion, when through minimum of 14 days quarantined and shipped from Splashy Fish facility in Springfield, Virginia, USA
This is only apply to live fish order.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We have a lot of experience with shipping live fish orders. In 2021, Our records showed that we only have a 0.5 % Dead on Arrival rate for all live fish orders, compared to the industry standard is at 1.5%. This means that out of 1000 live orders that we shipped to our customer only 5 orders would have fish that arrived dead.
At Splashy Fish, we ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied with their orders. We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee on all of our animals that are shipped to the customer via USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Splashy Fish has the right to void Live Arrival Guarantee protection if these circumstances include:
- The customer has chosen USPS First Class Mail as a shipped method.
- Shipping address to a PO Box
- The order was refused delivery by the customer.
- The order was held for pick up at USPS, UPS, FedEx offices no longer than 24 hours after the last update on the tracking number.
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim does not include all the requirements mentioned below
- Live Arrival Guarantee claim made after the arrival period is mentioned below.
- The Fish/Animal have to be in original packaging.
Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Period:
For Live Fish and other invertebrates: one and a half hours (1.5 hours) of posted delivery time or customer received time.
For Snails: 48 hours of posted delivery time or customer received time.
How to claim for Splashy Fish's Live Arrival Guarantee:
If there is an incident when your fish are delivered "dead on arrival,”
- Take 1 picture of the shipping box and the shipping label.
- For live fish and other invertebrates: Take 2 pictures of each of the fish bags that is dead on arrival (the pictures have to show the bag in its original condition, unopened with the original rubber band)
- Send us an email to DOA@splashyfishstore.com with the subject line: DOA and Your Order Number OR messaged us on our social media
- Body of the text: Your tracking number
- The claim must be sent within the claim period mentioned above.
After submitting all the information required above it will take us 1 to 3 business days to determine the cause of dead on arrival. If the claim was valid and approved by our team, Once We approved your claim, You will
- Received the store credit for future purchase of the dead on arrival fish excluding the shipping cost.
If the Live Arrival Guarantee claim doesn't include all the requirements listed above, Splashy Fish has all the rights to reject your claim.
We ship all of the customer orders from our warehouse located in Springfield, VA. We pack and ship our orders depending on the orders with the exception of someday we cannot ship out live fish.
All Live Fish orders will be shipped out on Tuesday and Wednesday each week for overnight shipping by UPS.
Monday to Saturday: We will pack and ship out all orders that do not contain live fish.
Sunday: (Splashy Day) Today is the day we let our hard-working team members and our fish to destress and ready for the following week's shipment.
For more information regarding about shipping please visit us our Shipping Policy and Schedule
Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (for short PRL shrimp) is a variant of Caridina Cantonensis freshwater shrimp, also called bee shrimp. PRL Shrimp is widely known for its outstanding appearance of solid white and red to brick red coloration which, subject to grading levels, are allocated differently.
PRL freshwater shrimp is pretty demanding and requires the care of experienced aquarists. Mostly found in the rivers of southern China, Taiwan, PRL shrimp prefers soft and slightly acidic water with a temperature never above 78°F (around 26°C). Not as hardy as other shrimps, PRL shrimp need clean water to survive, especially when it comes to ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and copper issues. Ensure you always keep the levels under control and never let copper find its way into your shrimp community. You can consider placing some live aquatic plants (e.g., java moss) in the tank to achieve the goal as they are well known for improving water quality. Furthermore, they are able to provide a lot of shelters for your shrimp which is very important considering PRL‘s size and peaceful temperament. Possess an average adult dimension of only up to 1 inch, PRL shrimp easily become prey animals to other bigger species. That means they will feel more comfortable and secure in a tank with lots of hiding places. Adding some decorations such as rock caves, driftwood will create that desired ‘escape room’ for your shrimp.
PRL shrimp like to stay in groups. Generally, you should raise them in a colony of around 10 to 20 specimens as this encourages them to be more active. If you don’t want to keep the shrimp alone, you can let them live with other fishes or invertebrates that are comparable in size and temperament.
The grade for sale at Splashy Fish Store is A Grade as you can see in our product pictures
What You Can Expect From This Shrimp:
- Extreme pure red/ brick red patterns
- Peaceful disposition
- Safe with plants
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 78°F (20° - 26°C)
- pH: 5.5 – 6.5
- KH: 0 – 2 dKH
- GH: 3-6 dGH
- TDS: 85-90
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: They feed on algae; however other commercial shrimp foods such as sinking shrimp pellets, crushed flake foods, baby brine shrimp, etc. are all accepted. Vegetation like spinach is encouraged also. In addition, you could consider adding Indian almond leaves to form biofilm for your shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, non-territorial, nocturnal
- Origin: South China, Taiwan, tank-bred
- Average adult size: up to 1 inch (2.5 cm)
See more details about Care Guide for Caridina Shrimp