Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (PRL Shrimp)
- Low stock - 7 items left
- Inventory on the way
Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp (for short PRL shrimp) is a variant of Caridina Cantonensis freshwater shrimp, also called bee shrimp. PRL Shrimp is widely known for its outstanding appearance of solid white and red to brick red coloration which, subject to grading levels, are allocated differently.
PRL freshwater shrimp is pretty demanding and requires the care of experienced aquarists. Mostly found in the rivers of southern China, Taiwan, PRL shrimp prefers soft and slightly acidic water with a temperature never above 78°F (around 26°C). Not as hardy as other shrimps, PRL shrimp need clean water to survive, especially when it comes to ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and copper issues. Ensure you always keep the levels under control and never let copper find its way into your shrimp community. You can consider placing some live aquatic plants (e.g., java moss) in the tank to achieve the goal as they are well known for improving water quality. Furthermore, they are able to provide a lot of shelters for your shrimp which is very important considering PRL‘s size and peaceful temperament. Possess an average adult dimension of only up to 1 inch, PRL shrimp easily become prey animals to other bigger species. That means they will feel more comfortable and secure in a tank with lots of hiding places. Adding some decorations such as rock caves, driftwood will create that desired ‘escape room’ for your shrimp.
PRL shrimp like to stay in groups. Generally, you should raise them in a colony of around 10 to 20 specimens as this encourages them to be more active. If you don’t want to keep the shrimp alone, you can let them live with other fishes or invertebrates that are comparable in size and temperament.
The grade for sale at Splashy Fish Store is A Grade as you can see in our product pictures
What You Can Expect From This Shrimp:
- Extreme pure red/ brick red patterns
- Peaceful disposition
- Safe with plants
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 78°F (20° - 26°C)
- pH: 5.5 – 6.5
- KH: 0 – 2 dKH
- GH: 3-6 dGH
- TDS: 85-90
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: They feed on algae; however other commercial shrimp foods such as sinking shrimp pellets, crushed flake foods, baby brine shrimp, etc. are all accepted. Vegetation like spinach is encouraged also. In addition, you could consider adding Indian almond leaves to form biofilm for your shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, non-territorial, nocturnal
- Origin: South China, Taiwan, tank-bred
- Average adult size: up to 1 inch (2.5 cm)
See more details about care guide for Pure Red Line Caridina Shrimp here.